CALL FOR SARD RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS
Call for research participants — Owners of SARD-affected dogs who have pursued adrenal sex-hormone testing
Do you own a dog that has been diagnosed with SARD by a veterinary ophthalmologist and has had adrenal sex-hormone levels evaluated at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine (UTCVM) or National Veterinary Diagnostic Services (NVDS) within the past 5 years?
You are invited to participate in an online survey. Specifically, we are evaluating the frequency of elevated sex-hormones in SARD-affected dogs within the past 5 years.
Your personal information will remain private. Final reports will be made available on this site in the fall of 2020.
How you can participate
If your SARD-affected dog has had adrenal sex-hormone panel, or estrogen/estradiol level measured between July 1, 2015 and July 1, 2020, please:
- Attach a copy of your dog’s adrenal sex-hormone/estrogen lab work to an email.
- Include in that email the following details:
- The dog’s age at the time the lab work was done
- The dog’s breed
- The dog’s sex (male or female)
- Mail to carolinedlevin _@_gmail.com after removing the two dashes.
Deadline for submission July 1, 2020. We thank you for taking the time to participate in this survey. We hope it will help other SARD-affected dogs and their owners.